Study Buddy Referral
Note to Referring Workers: Please have the parent/guardian of the youth you are referring to the Study Buddy Program
read this letter and sign in the space indicated on page 5.
Thank you for your interest in Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland’s Study Buddy Program! The Study Buddy Program matches youth (ages 7-17) with volunteer tutors who offer the youth educational guidance and support. For a minimum of 6 months, Study Buddy matches meet for one hour a week to work on the mentee’s school work and help them reach their academic goals. Tutoring sessions take place online or at a
mutually agreeable location (i.e. local library) after school or on weekends.
Our volunteer Study Buddy tutors are age 19 or older and provide us with a criminal record check and three references. They are trained in child safety and screened and monitored by our professional staff throughout their involvement with the program.
- Before you fill out this referral form, please:
- Make sure your child meets the criteria to be in the Study Buddy program. YES, they are:
- Between the ages of 7 and 17
- A Lower Mainland resident (Vancouver, Richmond, North/West Vancouver, Burnaby,
Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, New Westminster, Surrey/White Rock, Delta,
- Interested in being matched with a caring, adult mentor
- Able to meet the minimum time commitment of 1 hour once a week for 6 months
- Able to demonstrate a need for academic support
- Make sure you meet the criteria for your child to be a Little Sister Study Buddy. YES, I am:
- Supportive of and interested in my child being involved in this program
- Able to ensure my child meets the minimum time commitment of 1 hour per week for 6 months
- Able to meet my responsibility of maintaining regular contact with the Big Sisters agency
Please fill out the below referral form.
Thank you so much for your interest in the Study Buddy Program — we look forward to meeting you!
Questions About Our Study Buddy Program? We’re here to help! Fill out the form and a team member will get back to you shortly.