2 - 4 Hours/Week
1 Year Commitment
6 Month Commitment
8 Week Commitment
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Interpreter Position
Do you speak Arabic or Vietnamese?
Would you like to get involved in your community and give back in a positive and meaningful way?
We are looking for flexible individuals to help us interpret some of our Big Sisters material.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communications skills in both English and one of the following languages: Arabic or Vietnamese. We aren’t looking for professional translators; we encourage anyone who is comfortable translating in these languages to apply
- Strong work ethic, able to work effectivity with people
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Previous interpreting and translating experience is an asset
- Strong computer skills, able to type in a second language
Roles and Responsibilities
- Translate a variety of agency material from English to Arabic or Vietnamese
- Help compile terminology and information to be used in translations, eg: Big Sisters Agency Guidelines
- Revise, edit and proofread translated material
- Refer to reference materials, such as dictionaries and encyclopedia to ensure translation and interpretation accuracy
- Collaborate with Big Sisters team
- 10 – 15 hours
- Skills development in the areas of interpretation and translation
- An opportunity to contribute positively to your community
Please submit applications to: email@example.com
Please check back later for additional opportunities.
Questions? Check out our FAQs