Little Sister Referral
Note to Referring Workers: Please have the parent/guardian of the youth you are referring to the Study Buddy Program
read this letter and sign in the space indicated on page 5.
Thank you for your interest in the Big Sisters Mentoring Program! The Big Sisters Mentoring Program matches Lower Mainland girls, female identifying and non-binary youth (ages 7-17) with a volunteer Big Sister Mentor in a one-to-one mentoring relationship. For a minimum of one year, each Big and Little match meets once a week for 2-4 hours. Matches enjoy doing a wide variety of free and low-cost activities together including crafts, sports, movies, and just hanging out and talking!
Our volunteer Big Sister Mentors are age 19 or older and provide us with a criminal record check and references. They are trained in child safety and screened and monitored by our professional staff throughout their involvement with the program.
Before you fill out this referral form, please:
- Ensure your child meets the criteria to be in the Big Sisters Mentoring Program
- Between the ages of 7 and 17
- A Lower Mainland resident (Vancouver, Richmond, North/West Vancouver, Burnaby,
Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, New Westminster, Surrey/White Rock, Delta,
- Interested in being matched with a caring, adult mentor
- Able to meet the minimum time commitment of 1 hour once a week for 6 months
- Able to demonstrate a need for academic support
- Ensure you meet the criteria for your child to be a Little Sister/Mentee. YES, I am:
- Supportive of and interested in my child being involved in this mentoring program
- Able to ensure my child meets the minimum time commitment of 2-4 hours per week for 1 year
- Able to meet my responsibility of maintaining regular contact with the Big Sisters agency
Please fill out the below referral form.
Thank you so much for your interest in Big Sisters — we look forward to meeting you!
Questions About Our Study Buddy Program? We’re here to help! Fill out the form and a team member will get back to you shortly.