Your Health Matters to Us
[2020/03/17] – COVID-19 UPDATE
Dear Big Sisters Community,
As we are all aware, the COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly. As always, our paramount concern is the safety of our staff, clients, families, volunteers and community at large.
I wanted to take this time to update you on our current response and reaffirm our commitment to transparency and open communication with all stakeholders as this situation continues to evolve.
To date, we have taken the following proactive steps:
- Closed our offices as a precautionary measure and are supporting our employees to work-from-home until March 27th.
- All in-person business meetings will be moved to teleconference as we intend to carry on with operations as best we possibly can.
- As a result of this change, donors may wait slightly longer to receive tax receipts.
- We will continually reassess and only return to regular operating procedures if health authorities and management deem it safe.
- Provided caseworkers with a modified risk assessment tool and advised that all match check-ins can now be conducted via video communications platforms or telephone if video is not available.
- Cancelled all Match events in March and April. Big Sisters dedicated caseworkers are communicating with Bigs, Littles and families on how to stay engaged while adhering to social distancing recommendations.
We will continue to carefully assess the viability of our events with an emphasis on the health and safety of our guests, volunteers and sponsors. We will not host an event until we are certain everyone’s safety is assured. Decisions regarding events will be communicated to all stakeholders as expediently as possible.
In addition to these actions, we continue to have ongoing discussions with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada, our board members and other stakeholders. We will do our best to keep everyone apprised of updates and changes as quickly as possible.
For up to date information regarding COVID-19, please refer to the BC Centre for Disease Control and the Government of Canada websites.
Big Sisters believes that every connection counts. We will certainly all need each other during this uncertain time. Thank you for your steadfast support and patience while w/ navigate this challenge together as a community.
Should you have immediate questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.