Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland is a non-profit organization committed to enhancing the confidence, self-esteem and well-being of children and youth through mentoring. We are proud to offer our employees a supportive and positive working environment. As an organization that is seen as a leader in mentoring, we look for employees who are committed to our mission and passionate about mentoring for at-risk girls.
We are seeking an energetic and positive person who understands the importance of program administration, is detail-oriented, and comfortable with database systems. As the Program Assistant, you will provide critical support to our team. The ability to speak Punjabi is an asset, but not required.
- Manage and update our program database (Dynamics CRM).
- Act as a receptionist, routing calls and responding to program and general inquiries.
- Be responsible for program statistics and measuring program outcomes.
- Tracking volunteer inquiries.
- Assist with coordinating the agency’s committee and event volunteers in database.
- Assist with coordinating special events, and free tickets for our matches.
- Assist with compiling survey results and other program-related testimonials.
- Complies program statistics and data from database.
- Assist the Programs Managers with implementation of program-related tactics and other program administrative tasks as needed.
- You have at least two years work experience in a general office and/or project administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have knowledge of office procedures and data management.
- You have excellent administrative, organizational, communication and time management skills.
- You are a team player, and also able to work independently and to adjust to changing agency needs.
- You have excellent computer skills and are comfortable using Microsoft Office Suite and databases.
- You have the ability to manage a database, including troubleshooting, maintaining backup files and training staff.
- You have the ability to speak Punjabi, Mandarin, and/or Cantonese (asset, not required).
This is a full-time (37.5 hrs/week), permanent position, Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm. Some evening and weekend work will be required during special events. Start date is ASAP.
Andrée Lalonde, Operations Manager
Please use email Subject Line: Program Assistant
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
If your background and qualifications match the position requirements, we will contact you.
No phone calls, please.