Lead Planned Giving for a nonprofit that transforms the lives of vulnerable girls.
Perfect for a mature individual with a collaborative professional style looking for a part time role in a fantastic supportive community. We are flexible so that you can be working 2 ½ days a week or 4 to 5 half days per week. You may be someone who has been in the investment community and looking for a change or someone experienced in Planned Giving.
At Big Sisters we know that mentoring matters! We are lucky enough to see the results it creates year over year in our organization. Not all girls have access to a mentor; we exist to make sure that they do. Our organization is committed to making a difference in the lives of young girls who may be facing challenges like isolation, poverty, abuse, social anxiety, or low self-esteem. At Big Sisters we believe that every person has limitless potential and individual strengths. It is our mission to have this potential realized in everyone – from the Little Sisters who haven’t yet seen what they are capable of, to our mentors, volunteers and staff.
If this inspires you and you share our vision, we would love to hear from you.
Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland (www.bigsisters.bc.ca) is a well-recognized non-profit organization, with the second most recognizable brand within the Lower Mainland. As an organization that is seen as a leader in mentorship, we look for employees who are committed and passionate about our mission.
We are proud to offer our employees:
- A supportive and positive working environment with a strong commitment to work/life balance.
- Consistent support and mentorship from an outstanding and influential Board of Directors and Honorary Advisory Board.
- A mid-sized team, which allows for creativity and freedom in their work.
- A cozy office located in a heritage home in beautiful Mount Pleasant.
- A diverse, inclusive, accepting, welcoming, safe space for everyone.
Reports to: Director of Fundraising Partnerships
- Planned Giving responsibilities:
- Liaise and lead follow-up with the Big Sisters Planned Giving Advisory Council
- Coordinate Planned Giving Events and Follow-up
- Set up presentations and lead presentations on Planned Giving to potential donor groups
- Sett up systems to track and steward Planned Giving Donors
- Support all follow-up with Planned Giving donors
- Set up Legacy Circle stewardship program
- Coordinate with Big Sisters Communication staff on Planned Giving advertisements and social media
- Responsible for budget for Planned Giving
- Fundraising support:
- Play a key role with individual and major gifts proposals and reporting back
- Assist with stewardship
- As part of the Big Sisters team, you play a role in supporting the success of the overall agency and fundraising team as needed
- Experience working in a fundraising environment (required)
- Planned Giving experience is considered an asset for this position but is not a requirement
- Experience working with donors or investments
- Ability to take initiative and occupy a high level of accountability
- Proven success in building and maintaining partnerships with various levels of both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficiency in database management an asset
- Exceptional collaborative skills, enjoys working within a team
- Well organized self starter
- You are motivated by our mission to increase the confidence and self-esteem of the girls in the lower mainland.
This is a part-time, permanent position. Some evening and weekend work will be required. Please confirm your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume to:
Amanda Charna, Human Resources & Volunteer Coordinator, Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland 34 East 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5T 2G5, email: email@example.com
Please note: applications will be reviewed as they are received. This position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Please use Subject Line: Planned Giving Officer