Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland (BSBCLM) is a non-profit society committed to enhancing the confidence, self-esteem and well-being of girls, non-binary or transgender youth. As an organization that is seen as a leader in mentoring, we were certified as one of the 2019 Best Workplaces in British Columbia.
Is this you?
You are an energetic and collaborative individual who demonstrates situational adaptability by being comfortable working within a team and balancing multiple priorities. You are motivated by our mission and the responsible for the day to day creation and implementation of marketing and communications. You enjoy nurturing and engaging your community by creating fresh dialogue, deepen relationships and ultimately grow our reach.
You enjoying building collaborative relationships with the organization by leading the creation of fresh content—including graphic, photo, video and text—for our marketing and communications initiatives. You believe that in order to do this you will need to touch all aspects of the organization from program delivery to special events. As the Graphic Design & Communications Coordinator, you ensure accountability by being the voice of Big Sisters BCLM and a brand champion.
What you will be doing:
- Producing graphic, photo and video content in support of all Fundraising and Program initiatives
- Designing and coordinating production of all agency collateral materials
- Collecting, capturing and archiving impact stories to share for fundraising and volunteer recruitment
- Assisting in development and implementing of an annual marketing and communications plan with the fundraising team for BSBCLM including social media strategy. The plan will be client focused with messaging segmented to each constituent
- Coordinating the communication and promotion of the agency’s services, funding needs, volunteer needs, events, and value to the community through various and diverse communications channels
- Supporting volunteer recruitment including collaborating with program managers and volunteer recruitment coordinator on the development of promotional materials, implementation of marketing initiatives and tracking metrics
- Maintaining positive and up-to-date relationships with media contacts
- Writing and distributing compelling press releases, PSAs, ad copy, and media invitations, and story pitches
- Administrating, updating and maintaining the agency’s social media platforms and website
- Tracking and reporting all media statistics
- Fulfilling all marketing, communication and promotion aspects of signature events
- Supporting annual stewardship plan
- Supports the agency’s Ambassador and Alumni programs
- Ensuring the use of the agency’s brand across all mediums and media is in compliance with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada (BBBSC) national brand guidelines
What you bring:
- Diploma or degree in marketing, media studies or communications with at least 2 years of related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite and content management systems.
- Strong graphic design skills – familiarity with InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Acrobat (required)
- Web design experience (HTML, CSS, PHP) considered an asset
- Superior storytelling, writing and editing skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- A team player who demonstrates self-awareness, instills trust and flourishes in a culture of collaboration
- Working knowledge of all relevant social media and digital platforms, with proven track record managing these platforms (including WordPress, Hootsuite, Google Adwords and Click Dimensions)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, within budget, with minimal supervision
- Smart, talented, able to think quickly and work under pressure
- Great personal skills, organized, self-starter motivated
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
- Awesome ideas and eager to implement them
- Experience working with industry professionals and stakeholders
What we offer:
- A supportive and positive working environment
- Our commitment to work/life balance
- An annual salary of $43,000
- A comprehensive benefits package
- 15 vacation days within the first year of employment
This is a full-time 5-days per week (37.5 hours) position reporting to the Manager of Planned Giving and Strategic Initiatives primarily to our Vancouver office. Daytime travel and some evening and weekend work will be required. We are looking to hire as soon as possible.
If this position sounds like you, please let us know why by submitting your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use Subject Line: Graphic Design & Communications Coordinator
Applications will be reviewed as they are received so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
If your background and qualifications match the position requirements, we will contact you. No phone calls, please.