Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland is a non-profit society committed to enhancing the confidence, self-esteem and well-being of girls. We are proud to offer our employees a supportive and positive working environment, and our commitment to work/life balance. As an organization that is seen as a leader in mentoring, we look for employees who are committed to our mission and passionate about mentoring for vulnerable girls.
The Go Girls! Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds program is a group mentoring program for girls aged 11-14 who are matched with volunteer mentors aged 19-30. This program is designed to encourage active living, balanced eating, and the development of a positive self-image.
We are currently growing our Go Girls! team and are looking for an energetic, responsible and positive person to join us, with a strong commitment to our mission, who will take a creative approach to managing the development, implementation, recruitment and screening of volunteers, program monitoring and overall program functions of the Go Girls! Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds program.
- Screening potential volunteer mentors
- Delivering group pre-match training to all volunteers and children/youth involved in the program
- Maintaining confidential and accurate written case notes and program files
- Acting as a liaison between our agency, relevant school board and school personnel
- Matching volunteer mentors to schools and coordinating all program logistics
- Monitoring program delivery and ensuring that program standards are being met
- Community outreach and partnership development, including developing and implementing recruitment strategies for Go Girls! volunteer mentors and public presentations
- Ensuring outcome measurements and evaluation tools for the program are maintained
- Providing regular program updates and statistical program information to the team and fundraising department
- You have a minimum 2-year post-secondary diploma in social work, education, child and youth care or a related field (required)
- You have a valid driver’s license and access to a car for out-of-office appointments (required)
- You have at least two years of experience in non-for-profit program implementation and program development
- You are skilled in group leadership, facilitation and program coordination
- You have well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- You are a well-organized, mature, self-starter with the ability to handle a wide variety of tasks
- You work well under high-stress situations and hard deadlines
- You are motivated by our mission to increase the confidence and self-esteem of girls in the Lower Mainland
- You have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work some evenings and weekends
- You have experience working with a culturally diverse client and volunteer base
- You are knowledgeable about child and adolescent development and issues for adolescent girls
- Experience working with a case management database is an asset
This is a part-time, 3-day per week (22.5 hour) position, Tuesday to Thursday reporting primarily to our Surrey office. Daytime travel, weekends and some evening work will be required.
Please confirm your interest by submitting your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please use the Subject Line: Go Girls! Coordinator
Applications will be reviewed as they are received so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
If your background and qualifications match the position requirements, we will contact you.
No phone calls, please.