This position is being advertised under the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) initiative. To be eligible for this positions, you must be between 15 and 30 years of age on the start date of the job. You also must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. You must also be legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland provides supportive mentoring relationships to youth who may be facing challenges like bullying, isolation, poverty, abuse, social anxiety, low self-esteem, and more. Our experienced caseworkers carefully match Little Sisters with female adult mentors who help them reach their full potential, avoid risky behaviour, and make healthy choices.
We are looking for an energetic and positive person, with a strong commitment to our mission. This individual, reporting to the Manager, Planned Giving and Strategic Initiatives, will be responsible for the day to day marketing and communications support. As the Summer Student: Marketing and Communications Assistant you will be the voice of Big Sisters BCLM and a brand champion.
Supporting the creation of fresh content—including graphic, photo, video, and text—for our marketing and communications initiatives, you will touch all aspects of the organization from program delivery to special events. You will nurture and engage with our community, create fresh dialogue, deepen relationships, and ultimately grow our reach.
- Support Big Sisters BCLM social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) to brand standards
- Create content for social media channels, blog and website
- Create monthly/daily content calendars and ensure deadlines are met
- Write match testimonial stories to communicate the impact of our programs
- Support production of graphic, photo, and video content to brand standards
- Work with different content management systems, including WordPress, Hootsuite, Google Adwords, etc.
- Proofread content and make changes where necessary
- Knowledge of digital technologies, platforms, and services (specifically WordPress, Hootsuite Google Adwords, and CRM)
- Knowledge of Google analytics an asset
- Flawless writing skills, strong verbal/communication skills, and a talent for storytelling
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance and acute attention to detail
- Great personal skills, organized, self-starter, motivated, and a team player
- Full of awesome ideas and eager to implement them!
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
- Web design experience at entry level or higher (HTML, CSS, PHP) considered an asset
- Video production and editing skills considered an asset
This position is a 35 hours per week for 8 weeks, completed on August 31, 2019. Hourly wage is $15.00. As per Canada Summer Jobs initiative, this position is open to youth 15 to 30 of age on the start date. Start date as soon as possible.
Please confirm your interest by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use email Subject Line: Summer Job Marketing and Communications Assistant
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
If you background and qualifications match the position requirements, we will contact you.
No phone calls, please