This position is being advertised under the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) initiative. To be eligible for this positions, you must be between 15 and 30 years of age on the start date of the job. You also must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. You must also be legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland (BSBCLM) is a non-profit society committed to enhancing the confidence, self-esteem and well-being of girls, non-binary or transgender youth. As an organization that is seen as a leader in mentoring, we were certified as one of the 2019 Best Workplaces in British Columbia.
We are looking for an energetic and positive person, with a strong commitment to our mission. This individual, reporting to the Manager, Planned Giving and Strategic Initiatives, will be responsible for the day to day marketing and communications support. As the Summer Student: Marketing and Communications Assistant you will be the voice of Big Sisters BCLM and a brand champion.
Supporting the creation of fresh content—including graphic, photo, video, and text—for our marketing and communications initiatives, you will touch all aspects of the organization from program delivery to volunteer recruitment and special events fundraising. Your role will be to help support the development of a strong brand awareness – on digital platforms and print – through imagery and copy writing. You will nurture and engage with our community, create fresh dialogue, deepen relationships, and ultimately grow our reach.
What you will be doing:
- Support Big Sisters BCLM social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) to brand standards
- Create content for social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) blog and website
- Follow content calendars and ensure deadlines are met
- Support production of graphic, photo, and video content to brand standards
- Work with different content management systems, including WordPress, Agorapulse, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager etc.
- Proofread content and make changes where necessary
What you bring:
- Knowledge of digital technologies, platforms, and services (specifically WordPress, Agorapulse, Facebook Ads Manager and CRM)
- Experience with Copywriting for social media, talent for storytelling an asset
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of Google analytics an asset
- Video production and editing skills considered an asset
- Filled with awesome ideas and eagerness to implement them!
- Web design experience at entry level or higher (HTML, CSS, PHP) considered an asset
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance and acute attention to detail
- Great personal skills, organized, self-starter, motivated, and a team player
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
This position is a 15-20 hours per week for 16 weeks. Hourly wage is $25.00. As per Canada Summer Jobs initiative, this position is open to youth 15 to 30 of age on the start date. Start date as soon as possible.
Please confirm your interest by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please use email Subject Line: Summer Job Graphic Design
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
If you background and qualifications match the position requirements, we will contact you.No phone calls, please