This position is being advertised under the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) initiative. To be eligible for this positions, you must be between 15 and 30 years of age on the start date of the job. You also must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. You must also be legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland provides supportive mentoring relationships to youth who may be facing challenges like bullying, isolation, poverty, abuse, social anxiety, low self-esteem, and more. Our experienced caseworkers carefully match Little Sisters with female adult mentors who help them reach their full potential, avoid risky behaviour, and make healthy choices.
We are looking for an energetic and positive person to join our team. This individual, reporting to the Events Manager, will be responsible for assisting in the development, coordination and execution of all agency events focusing on Career Camp and our largest fundraising event, the Luminary Award Soirée.
- Assist with the logistics of all agency events including Grape Juice, Spring Lunch, Career Camp and the Luminary Award Soirée
- Support the planning, implementation and maintenance of detailed records on all event activities including: critical path planning, procedures, contacts and event suppliers
- Recruiting, training, supervising and supporting event volunteers in carrying out administrative, revenue generating and logistical duties,
- Support all recognition and appreciation correspondence with event partners, donors, guests, suppliers and volunteers
- Assist with coordination and data entry for silent auctions
- Assist with donor solicitation (e.g. follow-up calls, letters and e-mails)
- Assist with preparation for events (e.g. designing and printing auction bid sheets, writing auction program, researching donation values, making donation follow-up calls, photocopying, etc.)
- Assist with day-of event duties
- Assist with post-event duties (e.g. sponsorship reports, donation entry, mailings, and guest information)
- Assist with marketing and communications on various platforms
- Assist with solicitation, stewardship and recognition of all supporters
- Respond to information requests by donors and the general public with regard to special events and third party fundraising events
- Other administrative and office tasks as required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills, including the ability to encourage and motivate donors, volunteers and staff
- Excellent computer skills required
- Familiarly with Microsoft Office Suite an asset
- Excellent organization, time and general management skills
- Some event coordination experience is an asset
- Ability to make cold calls to prospective Silent Auction donors
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
This position is a 35 hours per week for 8 weeks, completed on August 31, 2019. Hourly wage is $15.00. As per Canada Summer Jobs initiative, this position is open to youth 15 to 30 of age on the start date. Start date as soon as possible.
Please confirm your interest by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please use email Subject Line: Summer Job Events and Fundraising Assistant
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
If you background and qualifications match the position requirements, we will contact you.
No phone calls, please