This position is being advertised under the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) initiative. To be eligible for this positions, you must be between 15 and 30 years of age on the start date of the job. You also must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. You must also be legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland (BSBCLM) is a non-profit society committed to enhancing the confidence, self-esteem and well-being of girls, non-binary or transgender youth. As an organization that is seen as a leader in mentoring, we were certified as one of the 2019 Best Workplaces in British Columbia.
We are looking for an energetic and positive person, with a strong commitment to our mission. This individual, reporting to the Manager, Planned Giving and Strategic Initiatives, will be responsible for the day to day marketing and communications support with a specific focus on the events area. As the Summer Student: Marketing and Communications Assistant you will be the voice of Big Sisters BCLM and a brand champion.
We are looking for a strong writer and copy editor to support the creation of fresh content for our website and for event materials. You will nurture and engage with our community, create fresh dialogue, deepen relationships, and ultimately grow our reach.
What you will be doing:
- Create content for social media channels, blog and website
- Coordinate and support event staff with marketing and program ad sales
- Interview and write client testimonial stories to communicate the impact of our programs
- Support production of graphic, photo, and video content to brand standards
- Support website relaunch including content revisions
- Proofread content and make changes where necessary
What you bring:
- Flawless writing skills, strong verbal/communication skills, and a talent for storytelling and copywriting
- Extrovert who is comfortable interviewing subjects for a story or cold calling to solicit ad sales for event programs
- Knowledge of digital technologies, platforms, and services (specifically WordPress, Hootsuite Google Adwords, and CRM)
- Knowledge of Google analytics an asset
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance and acute attention to detail
- Great personal skills, organized, self-starter, motivated, and a team player
- Full of awesome ideas and eager to implement them!
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
- Web design experience at entry level or higher (HTML, CSS, PHP) considered an asset
- Video production and editing skills considered an asset
This position is a 15-20 hours per week for 16 weeks. Hourly wage is $16.00. As per Canada Summer Jobs initiative, this position is open to youth 15 to 30 of age on the start date. Start date as soon as possible.
Please confirm your interest by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please use email Subject Line: Summer Job Event and Content
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
If you background and qualifications match the position requirements, we will contact you. No phone calls, please