Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland is a non-profit society committed to enhancing the confidence, self-esteem and well-being of girls. We are proud to offer our employees a supportive and positive working environment, and our commitment to work/life balance. As an organization that is seen as a leader in mentoring, we look for employees who are committed to our mission and passionate about mentoring for vulnerable girls and youth.
We are seeking a positive and energetic person to lead the management, development, implementation, and administration of the Big Sisters Program. The Manager will lead a successful program by providing leadership, mentorship, coaching, and critical problem-solving skills to the Caseworker team and effectively matching “Little Sisters” with “Big Sister” volunteer mentors and ensuring the ongoing success of the relationship.
- Oversee the delivery of Big Sisters 1:1 in community mentoring Program and related workshops and activities
- Oversee the management of the Big Sisters 1:1 in community mentoring Caseworker team; conduct performance review to ensure performance goals are achieved
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, scheduling, evaluation, professional development, discipline, and dismissal of the Big Sisters 1:1 in community mentoring Caseworker team
- Develop Big Sisters 1:1 in community mentoring Program short and long-term plans including implement, manage and monitor the plans, including establishing timelines, outcome measurements and evaluations. Identify, document, report and rectify issues and concerns.
- Participate as a member of the leadership team in developing strategic and operational plans
- Asses and resolve operational issues and ensure National and agency policies are adhered to
- Consistently meet with leadership team to ensure alignment and integration of objectives aimed at meeting the organization’s goals and fulfilling the objectives of the strategic plan
- Bachelor degree in social work, counselling, psychology or a related field, and at least three years experience in direct program delivery
- Excellent leadership and management skills, with at least three years experience supervising a team of staff and volunteers
- Well-organized, mature, self-starter with the ability to handle a wide variety of tasks
- Experience in working with culturally diverse clients/ stakeholders
- Knowledgeable of child and adolescent development
- Computer literate; experience using Microsoft Dynamic CRM Database system is an asset
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Excellent initative and communication skills in past employment experiences
- Experience in not-for-profit leadership would be ideal
- You are motivated by our mission to increase the confidence and self-esteem of girls in the Lower Mainland
- Valid driver’s license and a car for out-of-office appointments (required)
This is a permanent, full-time position (5 days per week at 37.5 hours per week). Some evening work will be required. Please confirm your interest by submitting your resume and cover letter to:
Hanne Madsen, Executive Director, Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland
Please use email Subject Line: Big Sisters Program Manager
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
If your background and qualifications match the position requirements, we will contact you.
No phone calls, please.