Mission, Vision and Core Values:
Our Mission is to enable life-changing mentoring relationships to ignite the power and potential of young people.
Our Vision is that all young people realized their full potential.
Our Core Values are:
- We Champion Potential
- Every Connection Counts
- Showing Up Matters
Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland is a non-profit society and proud member agency of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada Federation. We are committed to enhancing the confidence, self-esteem and well-being of: female, female-identifying, non-binary, gender fluid, transgender, and two-spirited youth. Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland is a leader in mentoring youth and providing ongoing support through a variety of engaging programs. Our organization is committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from those who identify as Indigenous, a person of colour, LGBTQ2+, a person with a disability or other community that experiences additional barriers. Join us and make a positive difference in the lives of others in the community.
Why it’s great to work with us:
Big Sisters is a friendly, inclusive and committed team that offers their employees fifteen vacation days within the first year as well as fifteen wellbeing days. We provide a generous health care and extended benefits package, including prescription drugs and dental plan. As well, we provide our employees with a professional development allocation and various learning opportunities. Ignite your full potential with Big Sisters!
Is this you?
You are a responsible person with a welcoming and approachable nature who holds a strong commitment to our mission. You are passionate about leading a team to help support and mentoring youth. You believe it’s your mission to help build strong client relationships and support each match so the volunteer can help their Little achieve their goals and boost their self-esteem. You are a positive person who demonstrates self-awareness and has strong case management skills. You understand the importance of ensuring safe and healthy mentoring relationships take place by monitoring and instilling trust between volunteer mentors and our Littles (ages 7-17). You collaborate in the planning and implementation of recruitment strategies for volunteers and youth while ensuring the appropriate support is provided to your Mentoring Coordinators team.
What you will be doing:
- Lead a Mentoring Coordinators team by onboarding and orientating new team members while, overseeing and providing performance management to the rest of your team
- Provide support and guidance to your team when addressing complex and sensitive situations that pertain to our youth, their parent/guardians and our volunteers
- Provides support to your team by researching and gathering additional community services/resources that will help support our youth, their parent/guardians and our volunteers
- Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of our programs and provides suggestions to modify procedures
- Represent the agency positively and professionally in community engagement opportunities, fundraising opportunities and program updates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as a liaison between the agency, community organizations, government ministries, municipalities, schools, school boards and ethno-cultural groups
- Maintain ongoing contact with our youth, their parent/guardians and our volunteer mentor, to ensure accountability, support and healthy relationships where the Little Sisters safety is upheld
- Build collaborative relationships with youth, their parent/guardians and volunteers by performing 1:1 interviews and training, while providing continued support throughout their involvement with the agency
- Monitor service delivery to ensure youth’s safety and program standards are upheld
- Facilitate volunteer training session and workshops
- Provide volunteer recruitment support
What you bring:
- Minimum of three years’ program delivery experience
- Relevant post-secondary education and/or related work experience
- Previous experience in group leadership, facilitation and training in a not-for-profit setting is an asset
- Current knowledge of community-based programs and provincial support systems
- Experienced working with a case management database an asset
- Highly organized, mature, self-starter, detail oriented and ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with a culturally diverse client and volunteer base and knowledge of child and adolescent development
- Strong connection to the Lower Mainland community and are knowledgeable about the area and services
- Willingness and ability to work some evenings to support the agency program needs and events
- Ability to adapt your approach and behavior in real-time to match the shifting demands of the agency and situations that arise
- You have a valid driver’s license and access to a car for out-of-office appointments
- Second language an asset
What we offer:
- An opportunity to do meaningful work and make a positive impact in the community
- A supportive, positive and engaging work environment
- A commitment to work/life balance for employees
- An annual salary in the range of $52,000-$57,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package
- 15 vacation days within the first year of employment
- Commitment to training and development to support employee growth through our Pro-D benefit
This program’s team leader job is a permanent, full-time 5-days per week (37.5 hours) position reporting to our Vancouver or Surrey office. Daytime travel and some evening and weekend work will be required.
The Big Sisters team is currently working primarily from home, but looking forward, we will be embracing a hybrid work environment.
For this job position, the candidate must be fully vaccinated. Accommodations will be considered upon request.
If this position sounds like you, please let us know why by submitting your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the Subject Line: Programs Team Leader
Applications will be reviewed as they are received so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
If your background and qualifications match the position requirements, we will contact you.