Mission, Vision and Core Values
Our Mission is to enable life-changing mentoring relationships to ignite the power and potential of young people.
Our Vision is that all young people realize their full potential.
Our Core Values are:
- We Champion Potential
- Every Connection Counts
- Showing Up Matters
Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland (BSBCLM) is a non-profit society and proud member agency of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada Federation. We are committed to enhancing the confidence, self-esteem and well-being of: female, female-identifying, non-binary, gender fluid, transgender, and two-spirited youth. Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland is a leader in mentoring youth and providing ongoing support through a variety of engaging programs. Our organization is committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from those who identify as Indigenous, a person of colour, 2SLGBTQIA+, a person with a disability or other community that experiences additional barriers. Join us and make a positive difference in the lives of others in the community.
About the role:
Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Lead, while also working closely with the Manager of Marketing and Communications, you will be responsible for designing marketing collateral, developing social media & other communications content, and providing day-to-day marketing and communications support.
You will create inspiring graphic, photo, text, and occasional video content for our marketing and communications initiatives, supporting brand awareness and engagement on digital platforms. A creative designer and copywriter with strong attention to detail, your work will nurture and engage our community, encourage action, deepen relationships, and ultimately grow our reach.
What you will be doing:
- Developing marketing and social media collateral based on brand guidelines and communications strategies
- Creating content for social media channels, blog posts, newsletters, and website
- Supporting website management and website optimization
- Proofreading and editing content
- Supporting Big Sisters BCLM social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) to brand standards
- Creating social media copy and assets as part of weekly posting plan
- Producing graphic, photo, and video content to brand standards
- Working with different content management systems, including WordPress, Later, Google Analytics, etc.
- Designing the layout of reports, flyers, marketing materials and other outputs
- Writing match testimonial stories to communicate the impact of our programs
- Assisting in general agency functioning and performs other duties as requested or required
What you bring:
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design, Marketing, or Communications
- 1-2 years’ experience (volunteer or paid) with graphic design for social media and other marketing material
- 1-2 years’ experience (volunteer or paid) copywriting for websites, various social media platforms, and newsletters
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of graphic design software’s such as InDesign, Illustrator, Canva
- Familiarity with video editing for platforms such as TikTok, Facebook, Instagram
- Knowledge of digital technologies, platforms, and services (specifically WordPress, Later, Facebook Ads Manager)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and experience utilizing this data
- Web design experience at entry level or higher considered an asset
- A talent for telling compelling stories
- Filled with awesome ideas and eagerness to implement them
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance and acute attention to detail
- Demonstrates principles of justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI)
- Strong interpersonal skills, organized, self-starter, motivated, and a team player
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
What we offer:
- An hourly salary of $21-23 based on experience and education
- Extended health benefits after 3 months
- Three weeks paid vacation, three weeks paid wellness leave, paid personal days (prorated according to hours worked)
- An opportunity to do meaningful work and make a positive impact in the community
- A supportive, positive and engaging work environment and commitment to work/life balance
- Hybrid work arrangements (two days/week in office, balance from home)
- Commitment to training and development to support employee growth through our professional development benefit
This is a part time, permanent position working a minimum 21 hours (3 days) per week. Additional hours may be available according to operational needs. You will be based in our Vancouver office two days a week (Tuesday + one additional day) and have the option to work the balance of your week from home.
Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations will be considered upon request.
If this position sounds like you, please let us know why by submitting your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the Subject Line: Graphic Design and Communications Assistant
Applications will be reviewed as they are received so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
If your background and qualifications match the position requirements, we will contact you.