Mission, Vision and Core Values
Our Mission is to enable life-changing mentoring relationships to ignite the power and potential of young people.
Our Vision is that all young people realized their full potential.
Our Core Values are:
- We Champion Potential
- Every Connection Counts
- Showing Up Matters
Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland (BSBCLM) is a non-profit society and proud member agency of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada Federation. We are committed to enhancing the confidence, self-esteem and well-being of: female, female-identifying, non-binary, gender fluid, transgender, and two-spirited youth. Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland is a leader in mentoring youth and providing ongoing support through a variety of engaging programs. Our organization is committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from those who identify as Indigenous, a person of colour, LGBTQ2+, a person with a disability or other community that experiences additional barriers. Join us and make a positive difference in the lives of others in the community.
Is this you?
We are looking for an energetic and positive person, with a strong commitment to our mission. This position reports to the Graphic Design and Communications Coordinator, while also working closely with the Senior Director of Development and Communications. You are responsible for supporting with designing marketing collateral and the day-to-day marketing and communications support.
Supporting the creation of fresh content—including graphic, photo, video, and text—for our marketing and communications initiatives. You are a strong writer and copy editor to support the creation of fresh content for our website. Your role will be to support the development of a strong brand awareness – on digital platforms – through imagery and copy writing. You nurture and engage with our community, create fresh dialogue, deepen relationships, and ultimately grow our reach.
What you will be doing:
- Support development of additional marketing and social media collateral
- Create content for social media channels, blog and website
- Support website management and website optimization
- Proofread content and make changes where necessary
- Support Big Sisters BCLM social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) to brand standards
- Support production of graphic, photo, and video content to brand standards
- Supports the updating of agency policies and procedures
- Work with different content management systems, including WordPress, Later, Google Adwords, etc.
- Write match testimonial stories to communicate the impact of our programs
- Assists in general agency functioning and performs other duties as requested or required
What you bring:
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design or Marketing and Communications
- Experience with graphic design for social media and other marketing material is an asset
- Experience with copywriting for websites, social media, talent for storytelling is an asset
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of graphic design software, such as Canva, InDesign, Illustrator, an asset
- Web design experience at entry level or higher (HTML, CSS, PHP) considered an asset
- Knowledge of Google analytics an asset
- Knowledge of digital technologies, platforms, and services (specifically WordPress, Later, Facebook Ads Manager and CRM)
- Filled with awesome ideas and eagerness to implement them
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance and acute attention to detail
- Demonstrates principles of justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI)
- Strong interpersonal skills, organized, self-starter, motivated, and a team player
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
What we offer:
- An opportunity to do meaningful work and make a positive impact in the community
- A supportive, positive and engaging work environment
- A commitment to work/life balance for employees
- Commitment to training and development to support employee growth through our professional development benefit
- An hourly salary of $17.00- $20.00 based on experience and education
This is a part time, 3-4 days per week (18-24 hours) position reporting primarily to our Vancouver office.
Candidates must be fully vaccinated. Accommodations will be considered upon request.
If this position sounds like you, please let us know why by submitting your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please use the Subject Line: Graphic Design and Communications Assistant
Applications will be reviewed as they are received so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
If your background and qualifications match the position requirements, we will contact you.