- Every girl fulfilled her potential?
- Every girl was set on the right path?
- Every girl finished high school, went to college, got a job, and gave back to her community?
wouldn't that be something?
Big Sisters Mentoring Program
The Big Sisters Mentoring program provides girls, ages 7-17, with a role model and a friend with whom to talk to and share the experiences of growing up. Through regular outings, a relationship is developed between the mentor and the Little Sister, that is built on trust and common interests, and is supported by our experienced caseworkers. The result is a life-changing experience for both the volunteer mentor and Little Sister.
The Big Sisters Mentoring program requires one outing per week (2-4 hours) and a minimum 1 year commitment. You must be 19 years or older to apply.
The program strives to do the following:
- provide a role model and friend for girls and young women (ages 7-17);
- promote the importance of staying in school and healthy relationships with family and peers;
- instill trust and self-confidence in order to make healthy decisions;
- encourage leadership skills and independent thinking, and
- above all, make a difference while having fun.
Learn more about becoming a Big Sister mentor, referring a Little Sister, or donating to the Big Sisters Mentoring program. You can also contact us directly at 604-873-4525 ext.300 or bigsisters.bc.ca.