LITTLE SISTER STUDY BUDDY REFERRAL FORM
Who can be a Little Sister?
Little Sisters are girls who could benefit from the support and friendship of a Big Sister mentor or Study Buddy tutor. Many Little Sisters suffer from low self-esteem, social isolation and a lack of enriching experiences as a result of challenging life circumstances such as poverty, family distress, abuse or loss. A supportive mentor can act as a reliable and caring friend who can be there to listen to them, have fun with them, and help them negotiate difficult times.
All Little Sisters must meet the following criteria:
- Ages 7 - 17
- Live in the Lower Mainland
- Interested in being matched with a caring, adult mentor
- Able to meet the minimum time commitment for the program they are applying for (Big Sisters Program = 2-4 hours/week for one year; Study Buddy Program = 1 hour/week for 6 months)
Little Sisters applying to the Study Buddy Program must also:
- Be able to demonstrate a need for academic support
- Be from a family that cannot access other one-to-one tutoring services due to financial constraints
Please read through this short
slide show on referring a Little Sister