Go Girls! Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds
Girls! Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds is a group mentoring program for
girls ages 11-14 that focuses on physical activity, balanced eating and
self-esteem. The most important goal of the program is to positively
shape the lives of girls by helping them build a positive self-image –
setting them on a path to reach their full potential.
consists of 8 weekly sessions that are facilitated by volunteer mentors
(ages 19-25) and held after school at our partner schools (in Vancouver, Burnaby
and Coquitlam). Each two hour session is structured around themes of:
physical activity, healthy eating, self-esteem, and communication
The program strives to do the following:
- create an appreciation for the benefits of an active, healthy lifestyle;
- build understanding of what constitutes healthy eating habits and the risks associated with eating disorders;
- promote the importance of positive mental activity and regular physical exercise;
- encourage awareness of core values, personal interests, strengths and attributes;
- support the development of leadership and life skills;
- offer guidance in establishing and maintaining friendships; and
- above all, make a difference.
You can also contact us directly at 604-873-4525 ext.300 or bigsisters.bc.ca.
Download, complete and submit a Go Girls Application